The heat is on!
That being said, today is one of the best days to introduce a new tea cocktail! One of the best cocktails to cool off comes from the sunny country of Brazil – the Caipirinha.
This version has all the classic ingredients (citrus, sugar and the sugarcane-based spirit cachaça) but with a new, tea-infused twist. As if that wasn’t cool enough, it actually deconstructs the classic Tavalon blend, Lemongreen. And it's delicious!
Tea Recipe to Make Lemon Green Caipirinha
- 2 tsp lemongrass-infused simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 4 Kaffir limes, halved and seeded, or 2 small, juicy limes, quartered
- 2 oz pure green-infused cachaça (recipe follows)
1. Muddle limes and lemongrass syrup in the mixing glass part of a Boston shaker until the lime juice is released.
2. Pour ice into the mixing glass, add the green tea-infused cachaça, and shake to incorporate.
3. Return all the contents to the old-fashioned glass.
How to Make Lemongrass Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Lemongrass tea, dry
1. Combine both in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Boil for 5 minutes to fully incorporate, then take off heat and add lemongrass leaves, steeping for 15 minutes.
3. Strain and cool completely.
How to Make Green Tea Cachaça
- 1 bottle cachaça (approx 1 litre)
- 1/4 cup Pure Green tea, dry
1. Add green tea leaves into the bottle of cachaça, replace cap and shake vigorously to combine.
2. Allow to “steep” for 45 minutes, then strain.