There are days that you want to feel (or daydream) being a true gourmet – shaving truffled foie gras on just about everything.
On other (or most) days, however, you come home after a long day of work and you just want that simple, fast fix that only comfort food can bring.
When I am in the latter mood, I always think of that quick and easy treat that epitomises comfort food: Rice Krispies Treats.
So, today I want to share a quick and easy, tea-infused version of this classic treat – sure to please kids and grown-ups alike!
Here’s the recipe:
Tea Recipe to Make Green Tea Rice Treats
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound marshmallows (homemade, if you just happen to have laying around – I know this goes against the “quick and easy” mantra, but the texture is creamier and the taste is MUCH better!)
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In a large pot, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Add the vanilla, marshmallows and matcha, stir constantly until melted and thoroughly combined with the butter. Turn off the heat.
2. Stir the cereal into the matcha-marshmallow mixture, mixing until the cereal is evenly coated.
3. Using a buttered spatula or buttered waxed paper, press the mixture into 9 x 12 inch pan. Cool.
4. Cut into 2 inch cubes.
Optional: For an extra-special twist, melt some white chocolate and dip the treats in the chocolate about 1/4 way up the treat, then allow to cool completely.